When any product has almost 1,000 reviews it means something substantial, doesn’t it? If nearly 95% of those reviews were overwhelmingly positive, you would probably pause to seriously consider the product or service. In 2016, 111Project received nearly 1,000 reviews, 95% positive. We are excited to share a few highlights from 2016 with you. While it was an incredible year, we are already looking ahead to 2017.
In the coming year, 111Project has a goal of raising $350,000 to sustain the ministry in existing counties and to expand into area counties around our three main regional hubs in the state. We have an immediate opportunity to complete a $30,000 dollar match if an additional $6,000 dollars can be given by the end of January 2017. With the $6,000 given, we would be able to immediately launch CarePortal in Cleveland County, which includes Norman and Moore, Oklahoma. Would you consider a year end gift or monthly donation to the ministry of 111Project in enabling us to take advantage of this opportunity?
1 Peter 1:3 says that because of what Jesus has done for us we have a “living hope” or some translations of the scripture say “we now live with great expectation.”
111Project in Oklahoma is walking in that living hope with great expectation for what is on the horizon. Thank you for your support, it allows us to dream big.
2016 will be remembered as the year we saw a glimpse of the things that are possible when church and state work together. As a result of this coming together, we experienced that things can be significantly different for children and families in our state!
Highlights of 2016
- 1080 new foster families recruited in partnership with Oklahoma Fosters, OKDHS, and the many private agencies that support foster families
- Almost 100 church-based foster care and adoption family recruitment events. These included events at the Oklahoma State Capital, the Governor’s Mansion, and in some of the largest churches in our state.
- CarePortal launched in 6 counties including Tulsa, Oklahoma, Cherokee, Rogers, Mayes, & Craig counties bringing the CarePortal now to 7 total counties in Oklahoma. (It is our goal to see 10 more launched in 2017!)
- 1,363 children & 618 families served by 280 churches and small groups through CarePortal
- A quarter of a million dollars of estimated goods have been donated through CarePortal in Oklahoma during our first full year of ministry. This is only the estimated value of goods provided. We cannot begin to quantify the time saved for case workers or the value added to these cases in child welfare.
For more highlights, check out our almost 1000 reviews from child welfare and local churches from 2016!
OKDHS reviews – Click Here:
Church Participant reviews – Click Here:
Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to seeing what 2017 is going to bring. We are praying for you and your churches often. We are eager to see permanent transformational change in our state for the well-being of children and families. With excitement, we are ready to see the church unlocked and see to it that no child is without a home in our state!