5 Years of Worthwhile Ministry!
It was back in April of 2011 that the 111Project was formed. In those days our shelters were full and the Church was not aware, let alone had much engagement in the issues surrounding children in state care. How do we know we have made a difference? In 2015, we saw the largest amount of children ever adopted in our state, and in February we saw one of the biggest months ever of new foster families recruited! Lastly, this year some of the largest churches in the country are making the issue of children in foster care their priority. The tide is shifting from just awareness to ownership and we are thankful for your continued partnership! Happy Birthday 111Project and THANK YOU Church for your support!
111Project’s CarePortal Launch in Oklahoma County!
April 20th at the State Capital
We are launching the CarePortal in Oklahoma County and the surrounding areas on April the 20th! Sign your church up for the CarePortal so you can be a part of the launch! Click here to learn more and enroll your church!
The launch of the CarePortal has been significant in Oklahoma for impacting the overall challenges in Child Welfare. See our impact page here – Currently the CarePortal is only active in two counties with the most recent launch happening in Tulsa County in January. Now it is time for the OKC Metro!
The CarePortal brings the needs of children and families in Child Welfare to the church and gives the church the chance to respond all through an email communication system based on a geographical radius from the need. The CarePortal provides an opportunity for the church not only to support foster and adoptive families but also help support biological families. To learn more visit www.111project.org/careportal
Interested in coming to our launch party? This event is for church leaders, OKDHS staff, and community leaders in the OKC metro and surrounding communities. To sign up go here.
We are continually amazed by the support we receive from the Church and the 111 Community. The New Year is going to come in with great momentum towards solving the foster crisis and it all happens because of your support. We have been continually blessed to work with dozens of churches ready to prevent children coming into state care, provide foster homes, and dream with us about seeing the 350 children that need to be adopted in our state find forever families! Let’s make 2016 the year that changes everything for children in Foster Care in Oklahoma!
Goals for 2016
- Catalyze over 100 church-based foster care and adoption events statewide
- Help recruit 1000 foster families through partner agencies and the Oklahoma Fosters Initiative
- See over 250 churches engaged in the 111 Project through church events or Care Portal
- Launch Care Portal in 6 counties
- See over 25 children kept from entering state care due to services provided by the Care Portal
- See over 500 requests made by OKDHS case workers met through the Care Portal
- The 111Project needs to raise $300,000 in 2016 to support our key initiatives in over 250 churches statewide. We hope to raise this amount through private donors, foundations, businesses, and churches who support innovation and seeing to it that no child in Oklahoma is without a home.